Re: alt.theosophy could be right here

May 21, 1996 00:51 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:50 PM 5/20/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Me. For many many years.  The problem I find over and over is that
>people will come up with long intellectual articles based upon a priori
>assumptions (eg., HPB, SD, CWL material etc.) when what is needed IMO is
>that we need tp start by defining or redefining our terms.  Problem is -
>and I am no different! - that we all want others to accept our own
>definition of terms.  An example:  "Body" for me includes the physical,
>etheric, and astral levels [minimum].  Kabalist "Nephesch."
>
>.. over
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>
>Alan:

As the "Apostle to the New Agers" (very broad grin) I have simplified the
language greatly. To me, and my students, "The Body" is just that, the gross
physical sheath the spirit "wears" on the physical levels of the infinite
realities. Everything else is simply spirit and consciousness. I have in my
ontology three "levels" of personal reality. There's the "Intrinsic Reality"
which is the ever manifesting-evolving-immortal -never-physical
intelligence.....Secondly: There is it's manifestation, the "Virtual
Reality", which is the manifestor but also the ultimate manifestation of:
The physical Reality. Lastly, the intelligence that was an energy field in
being that was the physical reality becomes an independent Virtual reality
intelligence on the shedding of the body. The intrinsic reality intelligence
is absolutely immortal while the other two non-physical intelligences are
relatively immortal. Don't, I beg of you, ask me what "school" this is for
it's the "Alexis School". I think this is a much more enjoyable topic for
discussion.

alexis