An Uneasy "Guideline"

May 20, 1996 06:24 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <2.2.32.19960521074359.00688f18@mail.deltanet.com>, "Eldon B.
Tucker" <eldon@theosophy.com> writes
>Although there has been no official guidelines for theos-l
>there has come to be an unspoken one. We don't talk about
>the psychic.

Why on earth not?  We talk about most things?

This is still an *unmoderated* forum.  *Nothing* need be unspoken, as
you cannot fail to have noticed.  Please do not try to make rules for
the rest of us.

I for one have and use psychic faculties.  They have developed, as HPB
and others have mentioned in the past, as a consequence of following the
Path.  They may not be the Path itself, but they can be damned useful
along the way.  They may not always be nice, but they are often
educational, to say the least.

Examples:  I was aware of the horror of the massacres in T. Square in
China before the official news came through.  2. I was chatting with the
"spirit" helpers during the horror of the Lockerbie (Scotland) plane
bomb which killed the entire crew and passengers plus many people in the
small village where the plane and bodies crashed.

Maybe you are frightened of this sort of thing?

I have decided to change the unnoficial guidelines.

We DO talk about the psychic.  I just did.

BTW - are there any other "unofficial guidelines" I should know about?

In amazement,

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: