Re: Cosmic Fire revisited (AAB)

May 20, 1996 03:16 PM
by Jim Meier

To Sy, Jerry H-E, Rich, Kim and others:

Oh sure, now that I'm going to be away from an Internet connection for the
next month, an AAB thread starts up.    :)

Sy:  RE: Cosmic Fire,
>Would any of you on the list care to comment on this?  I confess only to
>being superficially familiar with the book, and not to really
>understanding most of it.

CF is AAB's magnum opus (or DK's, whichever) but it is not the text usually
chosen for starters by AAB study groups.  A Treatise on White Magic is a
volume devoted to helping disciples overcome the limitations of the
emotional nature and to better comprehending the mechanism of properly
bringing ideas and ideals onto the physical plane.  Cosmic Fire seems to be
the one chosen most often for comparisons/contrasts with HPB's writings,
however.

Sy:
>Is there available a decent abridgement of A Treatise on Cosmic Fire?

As Kim pointed out, CF doesn't have an abridgement.  A number of the AAB
texts are summarized into "topic" compilations, but not that one.

Rich:
>but for my part I find the Bailey teachings are not consistent
>with HPB's work (I can produce quotes and examples if anyone wants them)
>and actually lead the student of both HPB and AAB into a great deal of
>confusion.

Different strokes, Rich.  :)

>Kim:
>Go ahead producing, Rich - but if you want an in-depth discussion it must
>wait to after my discussion with Jerry. Pure philosophy, "A Treatise on
>Cosmic Fire", keyboards at 1.000.000 paces, none of the names sometimes
>seen here when this subject arises.
>Rich:
>>Rarely is a Bailey student as well-read in Blavatsky as s/he is in Bailey.
>Kim:
>Rarely is a member of ULT well-read in Bailey  :-)   But I agree. Please
>consider that we are talking about two authors which produced 5-10.000
>pages each.

Kim --

If this gets good, can you save the thread for me in a .zip file or
somesuch?  I'll be back around June 24th or so.

Take Care,
Jim