Re: Theosophy as Creed

May 20, 1996 01:04 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:02 PM 5/19/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I don't know about other (Adyar) T.S.
>   members, but this is *not* what I signed up for.  This reads
>   like the creed of a religious body, not one that ever seeks
>   after Truth.
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www.garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>It sure as hell does! See and you thought you'd gotten out of Anglicanism!
I am more sure than ever that the poor benighted theosophical movement is
now just another "Religion" and the original programme is lost in limbo. It
can't be saved any longer, and my present researches are convincing me it
isn't worth saving. That I will discuss in a letter to follow. That's too
private for the board.

If the "original programme" is of importance, and I believe it is, then it
will have to be furthered in an entirely new vehicle.

alexis