Re: 'Message from Internet';buddhi-manas 'techniques'

May 20, 1996 00:04 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 06:53 PM 5/19/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Alexis>  I, for one, believe in an experientially based model of reality.
> I also believe that all human beings, from time to time, have glimpses of
>the  greater reality and this is what leads them forward.
>
>Didn't Stanislav Grov (sp?) write about this?

Martin: I think, but I won't swear to it that it's "Grof", and He may have,
but I also think many others have too.

>Would sure be interesting to integrate such experiences into a larger
>framework, say, theosophy. I belief that theosophy would benefit a great
>deal if serious attention was paid to spiritual experiences of people.
>At least it would illustrate in more detail what is meant by certain concepts,
>like 'soul', 'astral plane', 'elementals', 'angels', etc.
>
>Martin

It surely would be extremely interesting to so integrate experience with
theory, and I strongly believe that the "Third Object" is aimed at exactly
such an activity. Albert Einstein once said: "Religion without science is
lame, but science without religion is blind" and a version of that pertains
in this instance. Theory without experience is hypothesis, and experience
without theory is helpless.

I am both an active psychic and a very Active shaman/Healer, my conscious
experiences have a great deal to say about concepts like "soul", "Astral
plane" (which I call the Virtual Reality), elementals, Angels, Divinities,
etc. But sharing that experience is apparently forbidden in contemporary
theosophy. I find it both frustrating and very disappointing.

alexis