Re: Root Races or Theosophy Bashing? (reply to Jerry S)

May 19, 1996 11:55 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 06:48 PM 5/19/96 -0400, you wrote:

 Nor is it a put down for Americans to be called spiritually
>backward, as compared to easterners.

I am almost afraid to respond to anything you post lest I be accused of
"Eldon Bashing" again. But this I couldn't let pass.

You may neither think nor intend it as a "put down" to assert that
American's are "spiritually backwards" as compared to Easterners. And I
assume you may be sincere in your beliefs that this is so. It's one of
theosophy's great myths. I am concerned with human beings not myths. But I
must assert my belief that this is NOT so.  Nor have I ever seen any proof
whatsoever that it is so. The bloodbath at amritsar is hardly an indication
of spiritual advancement. The incredible bloodbath at the time of
independence when 5,000,000 people were cruelly murdered, is hardly an
evidence of spiritual advancement and that's hardly a hint of the bloodbath
that will yet ensue if the Hindu Nationalists get their way vis a vis the
religious minorities in India.

All that super-elaborate fairy tale cosmology doesn't hold a candle to how
people behave, and the immense number of children hacked to death with
machetes in the orient, indicates to me that our oriental friends have just
as far to go as we do.

There is only one thing of importance in this world and that is people, and
their welfare, happiness, and security. Philosophy is fun, but only for
those rich enough and secure enough to play with it.

alexis