Re: 'buddhi-manas 'techniques'

May 19, 1996 09:05 AM
by Jerry Schueler

>Jerry S:
>> Sooner or later, one has to experience spirituality, and this
>>cannot be done in a physical body (i.e., while in the waking state).
>
>Martin:
>This last sentence sounds really strange to me. My experience shows me
>that spirituality *can* be experienced in the waking state, although
>there is actually a gradual integration taking place between the waking,
>sleeping and dreaming state, in the sense that these states become
>correlated with, effused with, inner consciousness.

Eventually yes, but I was referring to a beginner.  In yoga, for example,
one cannot be in samadhi and also in the waking state.  It is
impossible.  However, with experience, we can merge these two
states together.  However, when we do, we are not altogether in
either.  It is a synthesis.  I would not want to be experiencing a spiritual
oneness, for example, while driving down a crowded freeway.

> One becomes the witness,
>so to speak, of ones acts and thoughts. A gradual process of course.
>This gives also an explanation of lucid dreaming, I think. One becomes
>more aware of what is happening on/in the astral planes in ones auric egg.
>At some point one may need to leave the body to explore these planes
>in-depth.

Agreed, but to do this takes practice.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI