downhill paths

May 19, 1996 04:32 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

Dear Don,

Well, your missive really provides food for thought; for me, especially the
question as to where is TI going? I've been wondering about that. According
to an article I've just been reading, the goal of the group can come out of
whatever it is we individual members do, which just fits into a whole, the
whole evolving as we go along. I can't quite imagine that, but if it works,
and it seems to work elsewhere, I think it would fit TI perfectly.

    <To provide a forum where each person can explore life and contribute
their unique perspective to the good of the whole.>

It sounds real good, but to me it embraces more than does Theosophy. Also I
would not go that far afield as to abolish the 3 objects, because I think
all Theosophists have them. Seems to me, the 3 objects are the hallmark of
Theosophists.

I agree with you that the word "nucleus" is inappropriate ... elitist. I'd
rather see something more like "to put into practice the fact that we are
all parts of one human family, & parts of the universe beyond that."

2d & 3rd object.
Agree - people who are seeking new insights should be encouraged, greatly
encouraged. These insights could be presented in cyberspace, & then
individual subscribers could debate, adapt or reject as it would fit into
each person's view of Theosophy ... which is multi faceted to begin with.

I would keep in #3. One could combine 2 & 3, but I think I'd like to keep 3
objects. The 2d object encourages all sorts of studies. These include
history, the push & pull between various past leaders, Atlantis, the
evolution of the human race as per SD, the Mahatmas & etc. Some of us are
fascinated by this kind of study.

The 3rd object emphasizes exploring the unknown, and that is something I
would leave emphasized. To me, that way lies progress in evolution.

I hope you get lots of responses to your proposals, & then I hope we end up
doing something constructive with our ideas.

Liesel