Downhill paths - Don2alexis

May 19, 1996 05:16 PM
by Don DeGracia

alexis:

Wow!  Thanks for all the really kind words!  I quite expected to get flamed from
my post and didn't expect such compliments!  I'm glad my thoughts did not fall
on deaf ears.  As you can see in my reply to Alan's comments, I quoted your
bottle analogy a few times!

Still, I can feel what is going on here on Buds; its like a birth process or
something.  And you are right that taking the institutional TS on on its own
terms is doomed to fail.  Its the home court advantage kind of thing.  When they
can frame the terms of the debate, they have loaded the dice in their favor from
the very begining.  And the fact that they do  do this so much is why, I
believe, the world at large has mostly ignored the TS.  Reasonable and open
people are not afraid of honest debate or constructive critisism.

Anyway, I don't know what I am trying to accomplish out here.  I feel for
everybody tho.  I see so much injustice in the world, and it is just absurd to
me to see the TS get away with its little share of contributing to this
injustice.  I love Ramadoss for the way he picks at them in Wheaton.  They
really need it bad and Rama does a great job giving it to them.  But even this
is nowhere near enough because underneath all this politicing are real human
beings with real needs, none of which are being met.  So, the TS plays out its
petty little drama and only adds to the noise and confusion of a world in deep
need of healing.  Really, given the TS's history, its in no position to offer
healing and guidance to anyone.  It has too many skeletons in  its own closet.

But we in this cyberforum don't need any of that crap.  *We* can offer good
stuff to people just, as I said, by being a place where people can come and be
themselves.  Not everybody has a need to dominate the lives and minds of other
people.  Most people just want to feel like they belong and they are
contributing.  Unfortunately, people who do have a need to dominate others tend
to take advantage of the goodwill of people who just want to belong; you know,
the old wolf and sheep game.  Most TS members are just poor sheep sucked into
the scam of the wolves.  Its only because we have this rapid communication
medium and can exchange info so quickly that we are even capable of recognizing
the wolves are even at work in the TS.

I feel bad for the local lodge members in my area.  They are good people and
they only know what Wheaton wants them to know.  I wouldn't even think  of
sharing with them ideas that we regularly discuss out here amongst ourselves
because it would be so shattering to them.  And it would only be me saying it,
and it would be my word against the word of the "important people" in Wheaton.
They do not have the weight of everybody elses thoughts out here on the list as
I do.  So, I am friendly and kind with them, but feel bad because they have so
little scope as to the real politics that are operating in the TS.

Well, alexis, I'll close here.  Once again, thank you for all the kind words.
I'm glad it has inspired you.  Your enthusiasm is deeply appreciated.

Don