Re: Elections

May 16, 1996 10:31 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:09 PM 5/16/96 -0400, you wrote:

>All is well with the Cayce book.  But I have got myself
>involved in a huge Baha'i crisis in which a handful of very
>prominent liberal Baha'is are being purged (accused of all
>manner of things by the authorities) and I am writing about it
>as it occurs.  Some people have worse problems than
>Theosophists.  The Chairman of the Baha'i National Spiritual
>Assembly gave long denunciations of an individual member at the
>national convention in Wilmette this year.  The bottom line is
>they (the leaders and conservative followers) hate the Internet
>with a passion because it disturbs the tight control they have
>had over all Baha'i discourse for 50 years.  So they are trying
>to expel everyone involved in the formation of an e-list where
>people started criticizing the leadership.

 From what I understand the leaders of the Baha'I Movement, when it comes to
oppressive authoritarianism, could give Iran's Mullahs a run for their
money. How did you get involved?

>Sad to observe, but it does tend to illustrate the universality
>of spiritual organizations' leadership using any means
>necessary to hang onto control.  Maybe the ES could even learn
>a thing or two from the honcho Baha'is.

I don't think the E.S. could or would learn from anyone or anything, and if
you mean what i think you mean, and that is that the E.S. coul;d take
lessons in the misuse of power from those Baha'i "Honchos", I doubt it.I
think they're equals although the E.S. has less excuse. At least the Baha'i
honchos are people who lead a group that preaches Theocracy, and Theocracy
means dictatorship and tyranny as Iran clearly demonstrates.

alexis