Re: Root Races, Racism, and Reflection

May 17, 1996 07:20 PM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Fri, 17 May 1996, Jerry Schueler wrote:

> Rich:
> > It seems that if one is going to call the doctrines "white
> >supremacist" then there is no way to defend HPB from the same label,
> >since she taught them.
> >
> >Yet she taught universal brotherhood almost in the same breath.
>
> 	Why do you see a problem here, Rich.  Its a benevolent
> racism that the SD teaches.  As Doss said, its like a big brother
> with a smaller brother or sister.  The big brother protects and loves
> the little baby sibling, even while knowing his superiority.  Why
> do you suppose, so few theosophists are black, Rich?  If you
> were black, would you still feel the same way?
>
> 	Jerry S.
> 	Member, TI

Jerry:

Along with the big brother or sister fact, comes a *very* great
responsibility to the welfare and growth progress of smaller brother or
sister. With this responsibility also comes sacrifices that the big
brother or sister does make for the sake of the smaller brother or sister.

This is at least how I feel personally. It is by sacrifices made that one
grows, IMHO.

	.....doss