Re: More to Alexis

May 16, 1996 01:01 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 06:33 PM 5/15/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Alan butting in:
>
>Alexis - the way the above *reads* you surely have had your buttons
>pushed - and I must confess that your post to Donna could, IMHO, have
>been worded differently.  I guess it may be a question of idiom, but you
>do come across as combative sometimes when I am sure you do not intend
>to be.

Alan:

I think you're missing what Donna likes to call "The Big Picture". In the
message quoted above (since clipped) my "Buttons" surely had been pushed as
I was responding to an ill tempered and angry response to what I thought
were innocent questions and had surely intended as innocent questions. I
was, as usual, responding combatively to a combative message, if you'll go
back and check the message I was responding to, I think you'll see why "my
buttons got pushed", you will especially see why if you go back a little
further and see what the message from me was that occasioned her response.
When somebody uses terms like "You've obviously got a hard on for me" I
react badly!  Well brought up people don't use language like that!

>BTW, "Ruminations" is delayed owing to having to do a re-format after
>installing Wondows 95 ...

Having had "Windows 95" for sometime now, I commiserate with you! I am
anxiously awaiting the issuance of Word Perfect 7.0 which is supposed to
"make it all work sans glitches".