Re: auras

May 16, 1996 12:20 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 05:42 PM 5/15/96 -0400, you wrote:

>	This is a different situation then blocking the aura itself.  Yes,
>you can set up a private "room" on the astral, that will keep others out.
>This is exactly what the Magic Circle is designed to do.  Also, many
>magicians create an entire room on the astral plane in which to work.
>They mentally create the room and its furnishings, perform banishing
>rituals to keep the unwanted out, and so on.  The mundane would say
>it is all just imagination.  The magician would counter that the imagination
>is itself a divine tool of magical creativity and, when used together with
>the will, is the real key to any magical success.
>
>	Jerry S.
>	Member, TI
>

>I agree that this is entirely different than blocking the aura from view.
Now, as I've got experience in two disiplines I thought you'd be interested
in what my synthesis of those disciplines comes up with in this situation is
that the group or individual brings into being a sphere (well not actually a
sphere,but it's the best word) of specific energies. This sphere in and of
itself creates a perimeter within which non-complimentary (not necessarily
antithetic, but that too) energies cannot manifest and from which they are
diverted. Slowly but surely I am arriving at a synthesis of Ceremonial Magic
and Shamanism in the hope that the result will be more accessible than either.

alexis