Theosophy in Russia

May 16, 1996 08:35 AM
by Kay Ziatz (by way of rdon@garlic.com

Dear friends from theos-l:

I have been in contact with Kay Ziatz, a theosophist from Russia, and he
agreed for me to forward this e-mail message to theos-l. I thought it would
be interesting to everybody since it covers the rejection of the Russian
Theosophical Society by the Adyar officials.

Rudy

On (15/V-1996) rdon@garlic.com wrote to Kay Ziatz...

 r > Do you mind if I send portions of your e-mail message to "Theosophy
Intern
Yes. No copyright restrictions applied :)

 r > you have to do is an e-mail message to: listproc@vnet.net
Thanks, I'll try. But if messages will exceed 16KB in size, this may
cause unexpected results to me.

 r > message will go to all subscribers. This theosophical discussion list
(as
 r > far as I know it is the only one in the world) has around 40 members
in 9
How big is weelky traffic?

 r > I have seen postings about the Russian Theosophical Society being
refused
 r > by Adyar headquarters. Maybe you can shed some light on it.
AFAIK, each member is being accepted individually to worldwide Society,
and when members quantity in a country reaches 7, they could form a lodge.
These conditions were not fulfilled by Russian Theosophical Society.
It was simply organized and declared itself a successor of the Society
that
existed before the revolution.
   Authorities from the European branch inspected russian headquarter in
beginning of 1993 (or end 92). They would not reject our branch at first
time (i think so). But they probably found something that they didn't like
(I think it was our chairman. He was angry after meeting with them. We'd
better contact with American theosophists in Seattle, he said.) and
refused
to affirm our society, using formal cause.
   I was not excited by work with our chairman, mr. Popov, too, and leaved
him in 1993. Now I seldom contact with him to exchange text files and
don't
know what happens in society. But I have to inform you that most
documents,
archives and books kept by theosophists during communist ruling now belong
Russian Theosophical Society. Their address is:
  Russia, Moscow, 123022, Trehgorny Wal, 2, kv. 49.
(Officially it's called "Sphera" publishing house.)

W/best regards, Kay Ziatz.

P.S. You can forward this and following messages to any newsgroup you
like,
     except cases, when a letter will be specially marked as private.

---
 * Origin: Nonsense (2:5020/360.4)