Re: TI

May 16, 1996 04:40 AM
by ramadoss

At 02:48 AM 5/16/96 -0400, Richtay wrote:

>But I am mighty uncomfortable that individuals are here singled out in a
>public forum to EXPLAIN WHY they don't like something that "TI" is doing, or
>to EXPLAIN WHY they don't want to join "the group" in its proclivities.  Just
>last week I believe Rodolfo was asked to EXPLAIN why he wouldn't join TI.
>
>Starting to look like proselytization.  Let those who want to join, join --
>theose who don't, won't -- and those who prefer to remain silent can be left
>in peace, especially here in "public."

        I like your very perceptive analysis and response.

        Benjamin Disreeli, First Earl of Beaconsfield (1804-81), the famous
British Statesman and Novelist had a personal philosophy. "Never Explain and
Never Complain".

        I have found his Never Explain policy comes in handy in day to day
life. So even if someone asks me in public, this avoids unnecessary argument
and counter argument etc. I use it very frequently in my day to day living.

        This is how I have in the past responded to any inquiries.

        Thought I should share the above.

        .....Ramadoss

PS: As a note of side interest, Earl Lytton, an author and an occultist,
tried to read the future of Disraeli using tea leaves when Disraeli was
still a young foreigner (from Italy) trying to make it in politics. Lytton
was amazed at the prediction that this young man will move up in Politics to
unbelievable heights. He was the first British Prime Minister who could not
claim to come from the previleged class.