Re: Elections

May 15, 1996 08:51 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <2.2.16.19960515230543.2ac70bb8@mail.eden.com>,
ramadoss@eden.com writes
>7. I am sure there may be other suggestions so that we can concentrate on
>what we can do for (2) above and not on personalities or organizational issues.
>

>        ....Ramadoss

Yes, we can begin by working to dump the term "brotherhood" which is
seen by more and more people as a "distinction of sex" because only men
can be brothers.  So the term itself denies the first TS principle.  In
the 19th century people used the English language differently, and the
term was more or less universally acceptable.  NOT ANY MORE.

How many times some of us have to keep saying this before any *real*
notice is taken I have no idea.  I would like to know from *you* brother
Doss, why you want to retain a term which more and more *women* feel
excludes them by definition - and they are supported by many men,
especially in TI, which, although I have asked you before, you decline
to comment upon.  I am very sad about this, as you seem a genuine,
sincere, and caring person.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: