Re: More to Alexis

May 15, 1996 08:51 AM
by Donna_Faber

This is useless ... I concede.

At 02:07 PM 5/14/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I don't know why I'm answering you, because I figure you're going to have a
>hard on no matter what I say ... you are going out of your way to draw me into
>a conflict.  Well, for the hell of it, and perhaps so others don't think I'm a
>wimp, I'll add some more to this lovely narrative.  Anyhow, I am not the
>bitter, disallusioned individual you call me.  I think I'm a realist,
however.
>When I use the term "Big Picture" I am referring to what Eldon called "the
>path" -- you know, enlightenment.  I am not attempting to minimize
shamanism by
>recognizing its application in the big picture.  Rather, I recognize how each
>person finds their nitch and their participation in the field they prefer adds
>to this huge movement towards enlightenment.  I don't feel particularly
>uniquely qualified to define anything, but am certainly an opinionated
>individual.  I don't recall having ever made any claims to qualifications by
>your standards.  I picked up the term "control drama" in "The Celestine
>Prophecy" and "The Tenth Insight" by Redfield, two basic books I find
curiously
>accurate in their descriptions of what is happening to mankind spiritually.  I
>find the term an adequate description of how I was referring to magic and
>schizophrenia.  If you have never come across a person in the field of
>metaphysics who hasn't given in to the temptation of control or misuse of
power
>at one point or another, something that is inherently human (and probably
>something any novice is bound to do, if only to learn from), you are either
>incredibly lucky, sheltered, or associate only with highly evolved
>practitioners -- which I doubt, if the way you attacked me is any indication.
>
>What is my point?  There was never any point.  It was a conversation.  I was
>adding my opinion, and in doing so, I seem to have hit a few of your buttons.
>
>My. my, my,....You really thought I was attacking you? I am truly
astonished becuase nothing could have been further from my mind. I was
simply asking you to define terms I hadn't run into before. Do you feel
yourself attacked when any male disagrees with you? Well this male, for one,
thinks that anyone can disagree with, or question the semantics of, anyone
else without "attacking" them. You accuse me not imply of saying things I
didn't say, but saying things I couldn't possibly think.  I never said you
made claims to qualifications that had anything to do with my standards or
experience. I said that what you were talking about was something new to me.
I originally was under the impression we had started on a good foot when you
asked to meet my Wolf, what happened from there on in totally mystifies me.
As to "control drama" I hadn't remembered the term from "Celestine Prophecy"
because I read the book and dismissed it as science fantasy and left it at
that. I see that I have been very lucky because except for spectacular
frauds like Elisabeth Clear Profit I haven't run into too many folks who
tried to misuse their abilities. Maybe because I restrict my associations to
people who have abilities. I asked what your point was because I couldn't
see the point you were making in regard to my suggestion of Shamanic Healing
for Schizophrenics, and I still don't. In my education I was taught that all
"conversations" should have points, pointless conversations are a waste of
time. You didn't "push my buttons" I was just curious as to what you were
trying to say. I do that whenever anyone brings up points I hadn'r heard
before. Sorry if I pushed any of your buttons, but it's very obvious I did.
I must ask if it's possible for any Male to avoid doing so? because, that,
Donna is exactly how it seems. In any case sorry my existence offends you
but I had no intention whatsoever of doing so. Watch this list, and perhaps,
you'll see what I am like when I truly intend to offend.

alexis