Re: Comparing bloodlines

May 15, 1996 05:44 AM
by Drpsionic

Alex,
Racial my rear end.  They commanded the armies because they happened to be
either the shrewdest and the nastiest.  And because people in pre-industrial
societies take bloodlines very seriously, it just got passed on until the
family got so decrepit it was killed off and replaced by another general, who
then proceeded to do the same thing.
And that's the truth, I ought to know because my people were there while the
Bonapartes were still shucking snails.
And as far as my blood goes, now that Uncle Don Pascal has gone to the great
palazzo in the sky, I as the eldest surviving male heir, (he only had two
daughters, neither with issue) inherit the family title.  The history of the
Cosimano's is actually quite interesting and someday I may write a book about
it.  They were fighting nobility, the type of people who kept the kings in
power until the kings betrayed them and they took up the popular cause.
As far as our other disagreements, don't worry, in time you will come to see
the absolute factual nature of my points.  :-)

In the meantime, we have stuff to argue about.

I remain your Highness' friend and humble servant

Charles Will Michael Arturo Giovanni Guiseppe, Count Cosimano
Heretic
Troublemaker