Re: "We" against "Them"

May 14, 1996 11:26 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:01 PM 5/14/96 -0400, you wrote:

>There were some comments on the above issue.
>
>I have been on theos-XXXX for the past several months. Various issues
>both theoretical, philosophical, Theosophical and organizational
>were discussed in numerous messages.
>
>In spite of the heavy traffic, to this day I am yet to see a single
>elected official/officer at the National Level of TSA as well as from
>other countries, join in on *any* topic.
>
>I do not want to speculate why this is the case. I leave it to the reader
>to speculate and come to their own conclusions.
>
>It is a pity that anyone who uses modern technology such as telephone, fax
>and travel by auto and airplanes does not seem appropriate to use e-mail
>list dealing with theosophy. As far as e-mail list on theosophy is concerned,
>theos-xxxx is the *only* game in the world at this time and let us not
>overlook this.
>
>Any comments?
>

>	....Ramadoss
>

>Doss:

I would like to offer this. The people at the "National Officer Level" of
the TSA and other people of semi-official status avoid Theos-XXXX because
they cannot control it's content or the attitudes of its contributors. They
can control things like the Convention and even elections though they do so
by very questionable means. But here on Theos-XXXX they can't control
content, they can't control attitudes, and they cannot guarantee that anyone
will accept their dicta. There are people subscribing to this list that
belong to other organizations than their own, and people who belong to no
Theosophical Organization at all.

Second, it was made absolutely clear to me way back in 1973 (by Joy Mills)
that the TSA (at least) is entirely elitist and has absolutely no desire
whatsoever to "reach out and touch someone"! It would seem to me that in the
years since 1973 the Society has decided to shrink rather than grow, and to
do so by very carefully driving away all those it cannot control via the
E.S. The present disenfranchisement of voting members is a perfect example.
Organizations ideally should be growing MORE not less Democratic. The T.S.
(Adyar variety) world-wide is growing more authoritarian and less democratic
as time passes, and that is in direct contradiction to world-wide trends.

The kind of mind that disenfranchises, the kind of mind that treats the
Russians with suspicion and hostility is utterly counter-evolutionary and
authoritarian. And that kind of attitude was supposed to go out with the
Piscean Age!

alexis