Re: Netiquette

May 14, 1996 10:04 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 12:17 AM 5/14/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alan,
>If we can figure out a practical way to keep the three way conversations
>going without filling up the list, maybe we can make life easier for these
>folks.
>
>Chuck MTI, FTSA
>
>Chuck and Alan:

I have a question: "Is a puzzlement", why is it that these folks complain
when the four or five of us exchange short, sometimes funny, and sometimes
pithy comments on the subject of theosophy or allied subjects (and
everything is an allied subject) and yet they would not complain were those
messages to be long, involved, extremely complex discussions that no one but
ourselves could either comprehend or be interested in?
When two people become involved in a long multi-message game of
quote-counter quote it can use up lots of message units. Why is that
acceptable and the short but pithy message not so? Could it be, perhaps,
that it is not so much the messages as the messengers?

alexis the perplexed