Re: Back to you, Alexis ... from Donna

May 14, 1996 10:03 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 02:39 PM 5/13/96 -0400, you wrote:
>My experiences of and with Shamanism are like my experiences with anything
else
>in that I've learned what it is about and see its application in the big
>picture.  My experiences with control dramas are extensive, however, in that
>I've met countless individuals using and misusing their power over others --
>doesn't matter if they are parents, teachers, bosses, witches, shamans or
>anything else.  That's probably why I practice on a solitary basis.  It seems
>to me that for every person who has their heart in the right place, there
is an
>individual who is in it for the wrong reasons. I suppose this is part of
>"cosmic polarity".  Problem is, when it comes to dealing with highly delicate
>people like the mentally ill, it can have disastrous results.

Donna:

I don't know exactly how to respond to you, you sound like a very bitter and
disillusioned person. I am very glad my life-experience hasn't done that to
me over the last 60 years. I have some questions for you they are designed
to help me to comprehend you better:

1. You use the term "Big Picture", may I ask how you define that "Big
Picture"? May I ask how you feel you are uniquely qualified to define it?

2. You frequently use the term "Control Drama", it's new to me. But I wonder
who is the dramatist, you or the person on whom you project it?

3. In all my time in this world, and particularly all my time in the "
metaphysical community" I haven't met that many people who "misuse their
power over others", I haven't met than many people who HAD any power to
misuse. Is it that I am or have been heretofore extraordinarily lucky?

4. I don't know you so I can't presume to judge with no experience upon
which to base it, but in my previous experiences with "solitaries" they have
either been people who are afraid of human contact, or people who are almost
wholly uncaring except in the abstract.

5. As to "dealing with highly delicate people like the mentally ill", it has
been my experience as a counselor and healer that the so-called Professional
Psychiatrist does a lot more harm than many psychics. As least a Shaman like
myself doesn't administer shock therapy or thorazine.
Any dealings by anybody at all, with the delicately balanced severely
mentally ill can have "disastrous results", in fact just leaving them
entirely alone can have "disastrous results". I suppose what I'm asking
then, is what's your point?

alexis