Re: Anarchy

May 14, 1996 10:04 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 10:44 PM 5/13/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <2.2.32.19960513190134.006a9c30@mail.slip.net>, alexis
>dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>>Here in San Francisco we
>>are confronted by a delightful bookshop, a living contradiction in terms,
>>It's called "The Anarchist Collective". Anarchism cannot be viewed in a
>>positive light until we get past it's hostile phase.
>>
>>alexis
>Maybe they are "Anarcho-syndicalists" - a kind of compromise which you
>have probably seen around.
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www.garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html

No Alan: I've visited the shop, they are what can best be described as
"Left-over Hippies" and the name of the store is simply a "Shock Appeal"
selection. They all think of themselves as Anarchists because they are
extreme libertarians and the can't see the difference between the two, and
secondly if you have rings in your nose (and many other places) being an
Anarchist is fun! Most of them have never heard of "anarcho-syndical ism",
which requires actually reading books to know about, and that's no fun at all.

alexis