Re: Comparing Auras

May 13, 1996 04:15 PM
by Drpsionic

Alex,
It can be very difficult to reconcile our differing views of these things.
 My experience says one thing and yours another.  I, because of my research,
perceive the universe as a value-free (at least in any human terms)
collection of energies that does not care what we do with them as long as we
do something.
You, due to your experience, see it in a much different light.  Hence you
take responsibility very seriously and I reject it out of hand.
Likewise, as a historian, I see no mystical element to the ruling families.
 I have always viewed them as military dictators in funny suits with a lot of
ceremonial that only served to mask the bloody truth and the "divinity that
doth hedge a king," to paraphrase, superstitious nonsense.  The problem for
them came when they started to believe it themselves.
I think these things are areas where we will have to agree to disagree.

Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
Heretic
Troublemaker