Re: higher powers

May 12, 1996 11:17 PM
by Richtay

Richard Ihle writes,

> Rich Taylor writes>
> >But I think everyone on the board will admit that psychic (and other)
powers
> >NECESSARILY arise when one gets involved in spiritual development.
>
> Richard Ihle writes>
> Rich, you must know by now that it is doubtful that *everyone* on this
board
> will admit to anything someone else says they will admit to.

Yes, good point.  I was trying to be conciliatory.  I think I were to expand
the statement you quoted, I would say "When one has gone down the road of
spiritual development quite a long ways, unusual powers are sure to
manifest."

This, I confess, is from my UNDERSTANDING of various world religions, not
from PERSONAL experience.  I myself have no advanced spiritually, and I
certainly have no unusual powers.