Re: Theos-L Netiquette

May 12, 1996 08:03 PM
by William Parrette

Hi all,

        Michelle Donald recently wrote to the list:

> Well as promised this space has a copy of the recent netiquette
> posting:

        And, if you have a Web browser, take a look at:

               http://rs6000.adm.fau.edu/rinaldi/netiquette.html/

     or

               http://www.nccn.net/bultnbrd/faq/rfc1855.html/

> Please bear in mind that netiquette is about conserving
> bandwidth and increasing value to participants (the Internet's
> version of "Brotherhood") ...
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

        I agree with the previous point 110%.

> 5) Please do not reply in the list to a message posted that is
> personal or off topic - this only perpetuates the thread ...

        On  this  point  I  would like to ask our list administrator a
     "mailing list software" question.  Isn't it possible to configure
     the  list server software in such a was as to cause a reply to go
     to the replyee instead of the entire list by default?   It  seems
     to  me that other lists I belong to work this way.  By doing this
     the replyer would have to work a little harder ( therefore  think
     a  little  longer)  to get their reply to the list by using their
     mailer to change the "To:" field before pressing the send key.

        Just a thought.  May you always grok in fullness ...

Bill--
  ...who heard that minds are like parachutes -- they function only when open.
|William A. (Bill) Parrette|7177 Heritage Drive         |ooOO__\ _ /__OOoo-|
|wap@one.net               |Westchester, OH 45069-4012  |---O---------O----|
                                                               |   |