Re: Nobody Knows? (Reply to Chuck)

May 13, 1996 02:18 AM
by Michelle Donald

Chuck - I agree with you that institutional Ts can get very head
orientated, to me it often gets stuck in the form rather than the
purpose, I bit like some dicussions around here getting stuck in the
personal rather than the subject ;-)

I have a couple of question though...

> One of the problems I have with the institutional TS is that it seems to be
> so head oriented that it forgets that there has to be a practical meaning to
> all this.  For example, convention and summer school are coming up and we are
> probably going to be seminared to death but when it comes to making Theosophy
> a living thing, something is going to get seriously lost in the translation.
>  It's that way every year.

What sort of things do you thing would make seminars and conventions
more practical?

> It is almost as if the idea of action terrifies everyone.  Now I can see lots
> of ways where it should.

Would you care to share those ideas with this list? It would make a
good discussion point - for me personally I am at a stage where I
am focussed more on the practical application of Tsy in what I do
rather than the in depth study of the literature.

Thanks in advance....

in fellowship
Michelle