The Russian TS

May 11, 1996 05:03 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

>Also regarding the point about the Russians - I have heard other
>>versions that indicate that they werent willing to comply with the
>>International Rules of the TS (Adyar) and that was why they werent
>>allowed to join. The international body of any organization has that
>>right, but it is often easier to think wrong of those at the top of
>>an organization.
>>
>>in fellowship
>>Michelle

Dear Michelle,

I'm expecting a FAX back from the Russian TS in answer to the FAX I sent
them a few days ago. Eventually, we'll find out from them what the story is.
If what I heard is correct, then I really wouldn't blame them, if they had
refused to comply with what Adyar demanded of them before they could become
members. I was told that they were to study the theosophical classics for
several years & then pass a test, before they could be admitted. That's not
demanded of anyone else, and these people, the ones who were theosophists
under Stalin, took chances with their lives by being theosophists. They went
to their leader's house one at a time, & learned theosophy by heart, because
our books weren't allowed, nor were theosophical meetings.

Liesel, member ti