Re: higher powers

May 11, 1996 04:43 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Rich,

I agree with your view of it, but that's not what I thought Eldon said. I
especially don't agree with that everyone should at first cultivate their
mental abilities. That's the route of cold intellectualism, & I don't think
a very cold scientific approach, trying to squelch the emotions, produces
the greatest wisdom. I've been taught to observe what I'm doing, without any
judgement (which I do sometimes, when I remember to do it), but not without
any emotion. That's very prevalent in our science minded society today & IMO
lop sided. It may be the way to start on the Path, if that's your
inclinatiion, but lateron you also need to develop other qualities.

I agree with your belief that people should not try to force developing
psychic abilties, and that they will come by themselves somewhere along the
journey. But I'm also of the opinion that if you have psychic abilities you
should develop them and use them, on the assumption, which I've been taught,
that anything you supress comes out sideways & cockeyed & makes trouble. I'm
also of the opinion that a person should try to use optimally any talents
they've been born with, again so as to not to be a psychological cripple.

Liesel