Re: Ramalinga a Theosophist

May 11, 1996 01:56 PM
by Nicholas Weeks

>On Sat, 11 May 1996, Nicholas Weeks wrote:
>....clip......
>>
>> See BCW 4, 133ff. for a sketch of "Saint" Ramalinga Pillai's life. I have
>> not found it yet, but I recall a Mahatma letter saying Ramalinga was a
>> chela, not an Adept.

>	Personally, it does not really matter to me if Ramalingam was an
>Adept or Chela not does it matter at what level. What is relevant is that
>he did have contacts with Those who were being the TS and did have prior
>knowledge of TS before even HPB knew about the founding of TS.
>
>	Today, almost over a century after Ramalingam's mysterious
>disappearance, a lot of activity is going on in investigating, discussing
>his philosophy in South India. Since his philosophy was based on
>Universal Brotherhood, all this activity can do nothing but good to the
>masses.

Doss,
It sure is irritating to see postings doubled, delayed, dropped etc. The
one above was sent out a week ago or so. It was followed up by two
related ones -- one of which said I was wrong about the chela business.
HPB, in BCW 6 (I think) said Ramalinga Deb was a chela. He was a
different man from Ramalinga Pillai.

--
Nicholas <> am455@lafn.org <> Los Angeles
"Morality is water that cleanses stains of wrongdoing; it is moonlight