Re: Adyar leadership

May 11, 1996 10:38 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:02 AM 5/11/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Also regarding the point about the Russians - I have heard other
>versions that indicate that they werent willing to comply with the
>International Rules of the TS (Adyar) and that was why they werent
>allowed to join. The international body of any organization has that
>right, but it is often easier to think wrong of those at the top of
>an organization.
>
>in fellowship
>Michelle
>
>Michelle:

I should be extremely interested to find out exactly what "rules" the
Russians refused to comply with. I understand it was some of these Adyar
Instituted "Rules" that caused the Canadian Section to be bounced. I have
always been under the impression that the only qualification required for
membership in The Theosophical society was that one "supported or agreed
with, the Three Objects". Historically all the National Sections and Lodges
were intended to be entirely autonomous and anything which changes that goes
clear against the intent of the founders. It is easy to think wrong of those
at the top of an organization, especially when they behave badly and make
"rules" which exist only for the extension of their power. As to the
Russians, if they support the three objects, and we all know that they do,
and have at great risk for a long time, and if they consider themselves
theosophists, and they do, well then, they are theosophists and nothing
Radha Burnier or Joy Mills or anyone else can do can change that even one iota.

alexis d.