Re: higher powers

May 11, 1996 09:05 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Bee:
>I will always remember when I first became involved with the Federation of
>Spiritual Healers 20 years ago, that they were at great pains to stress that
>becoming a healer could stimulate the psychic abilities. They also said that
>they were only a side issue and many a potential healer became stuck at the
>psychic level because of their delight with these abilities and neglected to
>continue their spiritual pursuits.

	Bee, your idea expressed above  is exactly what keeps bothering
me and the TS view of psychism.  It is the TS's duty to warn us.  OK, you were
duly warned.  This is no reason to "ignore" those psychic abilities that come
naturally as a result of your work.  If you fall into the trap of neglecting
your "spiritual pursuits" than this is your karma, and so be it.  This can only
happen if you ignore the warning.  But given the warning, and making sure
that you keep up your "spiritual pursuits" whats the problem?

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI