Re: Adyar leadership

May 11, 1996 02:50 PM
by Michelle Donald

Hi All

> being greatly discouraged & hampered; except that Adyar is against becoming
> part of the Internet;

Having talked with Joy Mills upon her recent return from Adyar this
comment is incorrect. While I didnt have time to ask Joy for more
details, she did tell me that Adyar are setting up connection with
the net. I cant offer more details than this. I would think it will
be announced in due course - and for committees that can be a longggg
time ;-)

I think the grumbling about the International or National offices
that goes on from time to time is often not based on fact and these
falsehoods and preconceived perceptions and then get passed on as
truths. This is sad. One thing that has stood out in my time with TS
organizations is needing to discriminate. Many of us have strong
emotional connections, are very dedicated to "the work" and this can
result in a veil through which we transform what we hear, while for
others it can lead to a distortion in what we say. Hence a keynote
when reading, writing, speaking or hearing Theosophy, for me is to
discriminate.

Also regarding the point about the Russians - I have heard other
versions that indicate that they werent willing to comply with the
International Rules of the TS (Adyar) and that was why they werent
allowed to join. The international body of any organization has that
right, but it is often easier to think wrong of those at the top of
an organization.

in fellowship
Michelle