News from England

May 11, 1996 02:19 PM
by Alan

The following item has just appeared in *The Theosophical Journal* (UK)
May/June issue:

"*The Way Ahead* mentioned that 'An interesting example of a modern
network is the Internet - users who have access to information stored on
a large number of computer systems world-wide'. Adam Warcup's article
was read by another member of the Society who approached him and
received permission to reproduce it on the Internet. Through the agency
of a computer network called Theosophy International, The Way Ahead is
now immediately available to about a hundred subscribers to a networked
series of three discussion groups. It will also be available from a
computer located in North Carolina in the U.S.A. It is likely that other
theosophical computer networks in the U.S.A., New Zealand and Australia
will also accept this article. The consequence of Adam's work is that
his suggestions have been taken up with immediate effect by those best
able to make use of the facilities, and that thoughts expressed in our
Journal have been made available to a large audience of theosophical
students world-wide. Members of Theosophy International are engaged in
making core theosophical teachings available in electronic form, and
among books being worked on for networked distribution are The Key to
Theosophy, Isis Unveiled and The Secret Doctrine (in its entirety).

"Dr A. M. Bain, Bristol"

Note: An interesting editorial job on an original news item sent to the
assistant editor of *The Theosophical Journal* which makes me appear to
have written a letter.  The item is, in fact, an *interpretation* of the
information I sent in.  List readers will quickly spot the
misunderstandings in the item - still, we (and TI!) got some free
publicity.  A pity the Bristol Lodge kicked me off their committee for
doing something the National Society seems happy to publicize ...

A second most interesting item also appeared, which I will post
separately.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: