Re: You Warned Me(to JRC)

May 10, 1996 04:24 PM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Fri, 10 May 1996 Drpsionic@aol.com wrote:

> John,
> Uh, er, on the little matter of any of us promoting people to use their
> psychic abilities, that's kind of what my books are supposed to do.
> But then, I'm a heretic and heretics are supposed to do that sort of thing.
>  It gives the orthodox a chance to feel morally superior and the rest of us a
> chance to ignore their feelings on the matter, so everyone is happy.

	Psychic abilities, like any other ability, IMHO, should be
treated as nothing "special". For example some can play a violin very
naturally. Some body like me can't play a violin no matter how much
training I thru. So does it mean that a violin player is in any way
superior to any one? Just because an experience or faculty is internal
and not seen externally, it does not make it any "superior". I hope,
anyone who feels "morally" superior may want to ponder over these ideas
if they want to. I am the last person to force anyone with my ideas.

> I have found that the best response to our brethren when they get on this
> "don't be psychic," thing is to ask how they propose to stop us.  It makes
> them sputter very nicely.
> This is obviously something Eldon feels very strongly about, like Doss and
> vegetarianism.  Arguing will do no good (though sometimes it helps my blood

	I need to issue a clarification. However much I may feel strongly
about Vegetarianism, some of my best friends and honest non-vegetarians.
I would any day associate with a honest vegetarian, even a cannibal, than
a dishonest exploiter of anything who is a vegetarian.

	Have any of you heard of Swami Beyondananada? He is very popular
in this part of the country and is a patient of one of the members of
TSA. In a video I saw last evening, he asked the audience to who are
vegetarians to raise their hand. Several hands went up. He then commented
that "you are what you eat". He said he eats humans because his is a
humanitarian. You get my thinking on this, I hope.

	....doss

PS: The Swami has put out some books and audio and video tapes. Recently
in a recent week end intense retreat, Swami's video was shown in the
evening after a gruelling full day intense program. It was shown as a
relaxation. I am a no follower of this Swami or any other person, no do I
have any direct or indirect financial or other interest in the Swami's
financial interests. I just want to make it very clear that I am not
putting a plug for him.