Re: Breath

May 10, 1996 11:40 AM
by Jerry Schueler

RI:
>Anyway, it is possible to understand how Self may be able to "make a
>connection" with Spirit (Atma-Buddhi) because of the "verisimilitude of their
>ultra-rarefied Natures"; however, it is problematic to conceive of how Spirit
>can have any association with a physical body at all unless something else on
>the "Prakriti side of things" operated as its "threshold of interpentration."
> Perhaps HPB's *Breath* (poss. *prana* or "*Fohat*") provides this.  Perhaps
>not.

	Richard, I believe that it does.  The prana allows the spirit
to infiltrate the body.  Ramana Maharshi (I think it was.  I am not at my
library) was seen by visitors to "glow" with light streaming from his stomach
area.  It is well known in yoga that you can either shift Self to spirit (Raja
Yoga),
or bring spirit down to the body (one of the major practices of Kundalini Yoga).
AB talks about this, and warns that headaches can result if done too fast.
She is certainly right about that.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI