Re: Nobody Knows? (Reply to Chuck)

May 10, 1996 10:36 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

Chuck:
I enjoyed reading your msg.

When HSO and HPB came to Madras, in addition to all the TS and Theosophy
work, HSO started a school for untouchables and HPB started a Sanskrit
School in Madras. Everyone knows the work HSO did in Ceylon.

Annie Besant got involved personally in Politics and in addition in
building a network of schools and colleges funded and supported by local
Hindus. Such involvement in projects which directly benefit the common
"man" went a long way towards making a lot of people join TS and benefit
from what it offers to improve the conditions everywhere.

After AB, there was very little public activity in which the TS leaders
got involved, except perhaps in the Animal Rights and Cultural Activities
where Rukmini Arundale was personally involved for a long time.

History can be an eye opener for a perceptive observer and writers are
perceptive ones.

	....doss