Re: Nobody Knows? (Reply to Chuck)

May 10, 1996 08:20 AM
by Drpsionic

Eldon,
One of the problems I have with the institutional TS is that it seems to be
so head oriented that it forgets that there has to be a practical meaning to
all this.  For example, convention and summer school are coming up and we are
probably going to be seminared to death but when it comes to making Theosophy
a living thing, something is going to get seriously lost in the translation.
 It's that way every year.
It is almost as if the idea of action terrifies everyone.  Now I can see lots
of ways where it should.  It the TS ever got involved in politics it would
blow itself apart.  Poor Dorothy Abbenhouse made a stab at that sort of thing
when she was president and was lucky to avoid being tarred and feathered.  It
was not until Gerda and I made peace with her after the Bing debacle that we
learned the hostility that her actions had generated.
But there are ways of approaching the subject without dogmatism or
divisiveness.  All it takes is a willingness to accept the fact that people's
view of things differs, yet that seemingly simple approach is apparently
beyond the official society.
There is room for both head and heart.  We surely cannot exist without either
for very long.

Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
Heretic
Troublemaker