Re: Schizophrenia and the Psychic

May 10, 1996 08:20 AM
by Bee Brown

alexis dolgorukii wrote:

> At 06:12 AM 5/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>
>  the veil
> >between the physical and the astral during waking hours, has become too
> >permiable and may in fact have 'holes' in it, allowing such contact that they
> >are not prepared for. If our culture accepted that such a thing could happen
> >then it would not be so scary and I think it is the fear that makes them
> >unable to cope with it though there seems to be a manic reaction by the brain
> >to all this and this is what the medication treats. Schizophrenia seems to be
> >ruining the lives of a lot of very bright people. Such a shame.
> >

> >   Bee Brown
> >   Member TSNZ,Wanganui Branch.
> >   Theos Int & L
> >

> >Bee:
>
> I think the statement you made above (which I have "highlighted") is a very
> brilliant insight into much of the reality of the problem here. It's
> patently clear that, as of right now,science and medicine really only have
> the barest glimmering of understanding as to the nature of Schizophrenia and
> its causes. It may, as it manifests in our times, simply be(no matter what
> the contributory factors) the first manifestations of what the Theosophical
> Philosophy symbolizes as "The Sixth Root Race" or the next evolutionary step
> forward for humankind. One of the primary features of that "next step
> forward" is psychic sensitivity. Well, in that case, you've hit the nail
> squarely on the head! One of the missions of the theosophical movement was
> to prepare 19th and early 20th century humanity for this "great leap
> forward", and to ready people, especially young people, for the new
> awareness of the greater reality outside of human reality that they would
> experience. Theosophy failed in that part of it's mission so when young
> people, totally unprepared, are confronted with aspects of the greater
> reality on a sporadic basis, they, as the saying goes "freak out". Of course
> it's usually the most intelligent, most creative young people this happens
> to. I've always been diffident about addressing this subject but I am
> relatively confident that one of those Maori Shamans (Tahuna?) might be able
> to help her. Needless to say she'd have to cooperate, but my intuition is
> that she can. A shaman can show, and explain to her what it is that is
> intruding into her life, and teach her that, no matter what, she is the one
> in control, always.
>
> I hope I haven't intruded:alexis

Not at all. I agree with what you say and I have often wondered if the
present outbreak of mental problems are the beginning of the next phase of
evolution. I have occassion to speak with a few people in this category
through some voluntary work I do and if someone lends themselves to it, I ask
questions of them and how they see their problem. They appear to be too
frightened to really consider what is wrong and take refuge in their
medication which dampen the emotions. I recall my daughter saying that she
missed feeling highs and lows in her life and that causes many of them to go
off their medication and of course the problem returns after a while. She is
too far into 'wrong thinking' now. If her schizo.. was to disappear now she
would still be left with the thought pattern that has been set up over this
10 year period and she would have to find a way of rethinking her view of the
world. Now that our Lodge is so prominent in town I expect to have visits
from some of these people, in fact I have already had a vist from one couple,
so maybe I can find out a bit more about it all outside the medical model and
see if there may be some indications of the above hypothesis. My daughter is
too strong-willed and undisciplined to accept anything that doesn't suit her.
The doctors in Auckland hide when they see her coming.
There is a very interesting article in the Quest Magazine Autumn 1994 called
Schzophrenia and the Soul written by Thomas Poplawski. I took a photocopy of
it so that I had reference to it when need be.
Regards