Re: Schizophrenia and the Psychic

May 09, 1996 12:29 PM
by Donna_Faber

Below Alexis gives words of concern regarding Bee's daughter.  The words are
heart felt and dear; however, I feel compelled to caution anyone when
approaching schizophrenia from this angle.  How does one determine if indeed a
specific patient is suffering from (1) a biological problem, or (2) a psychic
problem?  I would think that treating them incorrectly would be disastrous,
particularly if what is needed first and foremost is a solid physical,
earth-bound ground to build upon.

The shaman/healer/teacher/leader who can do her duty correctly and without the
dynamics of control dramas is a rare find ... I wouldn't trust anyone else if
it were my daughter in question.

At 06:12 AM 5/9/96 -0400, you wrote:

 the veil
>between the physical and the astral during waking hours, has become too
>permiable and may in fact have 'holes' in it, allowing such contact that they
>are not prepared for. If our culture accepted that such a thing could happen
>then it would not be so scary and I think it is the fear that makes them
>unable to cope with it though there seems to be a manic reaction by the brain
>to all this and this is what the medication treats. Schizophrenia seems to be
>ruining the lives of a lot of very bright people. Such a shame.
>

>   Bee Brown
>   Member TSNZ,Wanganui Branch.
>   Theos Int & L
>

>Bee:

I think the statement you made above (which I have "highlighted") is a very
brilliant insight into much of the reality of the problem here. It's
patently clear that, as of right now,science and medicine really only have
the barest glimmering of understanding as to the nature of Schizophrenia and
its causes. It may, as it manifests in our times, simply be(no matter what
the contributory factors) the first manifestations of what the Theosophical
Philosophy symbolizes as "The Sixth Root Race" or the next evolutionary step
forward for humankind. One of the primary features of that "next step
forward" is psychic sensitivity. Well, in that case, you've hit the nail
squarely on the head! One of the missions of the theosophical movement was
to prepare 19th and early 20th century humanity for this "great leap
forward", and to ready people, especially young people, for the new
awareness of the greater reality outside of human reality that they would
experience. Theosophy failed in that part of it's mission so when young
people, totally unprepared, are confronted with aspects of the greater
reality on a sporadic basis, they, as the saying goes "freak out". Of course
it's usually the most intelligent, most creative young people this happens
to. I've always been diffident about addressing this subject but I am
relatively confident that one of those Maori Shamans (Tahuna?) might be able
to help her. Needless to say she'd have to cooperate, but my intuition is
that she can. A shaman can show, and explain to her what it is that is
intruding into her life, and teach her that, no matter what, she is the one
in control, always.

I hope I haven't intruded:

alexis