Re: Schizophrenia and the Psychic

May 08, 1996 11:46 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:21 PM 5/8/96 -0400, you wrote:
 Still, it's not the first time in my life someone
>has said I was crazy.
>Happy White Lotus Day.
>
>Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>Chuck:

The problem that we who are functioning paranormally have in dealing with
the head blind, is exactly the same problem I would have trying to describe
or define my abstract impressionist art to Stevie Wonder. To those who can't
"see,Feel,know,sense", what other avenue of escape is there other than to
maintain that those who do see, don"t "really" see but are simply
hallucinating. This problem is, of course, hardly limited to interface
within the theosophical society, it relates to interface within the
so-called "Parapsychology community" as well, for all they're interested in
is statistics. Of course it's for good reason as it will only be statistical
significations that eventually make the academic and scientific communities
look at this subject seriously. I have always felt that those people within
the theosophical community who seize on Blavatsky's warnings against "medium
ship" as warnings against all psych ism, are basically using this as a
shield to cover the fact that, basically, they just don't believe in
anything they can't touch. Everything in life is dangerous, just crossing
the street is dangerous.
Obviously undisciplined psychic activity is also dangerous, but most people
capable of psychic activity are capable of self-discipline, and if they're
not they soon learn to be. If they don't learn to be self-disciplined they
get to try it some other way, but without a body. I am however, wondering
why any member of a society and movement founded by one of the most
spectacular psychics known to man, would want to equate psych ism with
psychosis. Seems just a bit self-defeating to me.

alexis