Re: Who's the real "Gang"?

May 08, 1996 11:20 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 03:05 PM 5/8/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>Happy White Lotus day.
>The problem with the TS and true compassion is that its members sometimes
>take the Karma stuff too seriously.  And it's not the vegetarianism that I
>object to.  People have a right to eat anything they want to as long as it
>isn't one of my cats.  It's the preaching that sends me over the battlements.
>By the way, I was at Olcott last night to hear Stephen Hoeller.  I tried to
>talk him into coming onto the net, but I think he finds this stuff a little
>to intimidating.  Anyway, I think JA is mad at me and when I walked in I was
>greeted by one friendly staff member as "That heretic and troublemaker,
>(laughter)" so someone there is reading this stuff.
>
>Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>I wish I'd known you were going to see Stefan Hoeller, I'd have sent a
message to him and asked for him to contact me. I don't think it's what's on
the net he finds intimidating but the hardware itself.

As to who's reading this stuff, what about Elisabeth Trumpler, we know she's
on the list and every once and a while she makes a helpful comment or gives
some information vis a vis books being searched for. There may be others,
but I think you can safely assume that JA is "mad at you", you stand clearly
for everything he disapproves of.

As to vegetarians who "preach" well, I treat them just as I do the other
folks that "preach" the Christians. "Preaching" has no redeeming social value.

alexis