Re: Schizophrenia and the Psychic

May 08, 1996 08:26 PM
by RIhle

Jerry S. writes>
>	Oh yeah, Eldon realizes it.  But he does it anyway.  It has
>something to do with integrity, I think.  I am doubtless one of the
>"some others" you are referring to.   Eldon's a Prince.  By periodically
>bringing up this topic and giving us further insights into the traditional
>TS view on the horrors of psychism, he allows us to vent our spleen.
>Its very cathartic all around.

Richard Ihle writes>
Actually, I am impressed by the controlled responses which have resulted.  No
one has seemed to indulge desire-mental consciousness, but at least
"up-leveled" to the mental--i.e., taken egoic refuge in his or her
dispassionate knowledge on the subject.  Some, perhaps, have even shown the
characteristics of the Spirit-mental (Buddi-manas) in that they almost seemed
to regard the possible finding of "schizophrenia-stigmata" on their own
psychic experiences as altogether inconsiderable considering their direct and
"widened" (but not necessarily "logical" or articulatable) apprehension of
the subject.

Eldon allowed us an opportunity *not* to vent our spleens, didn't he?  I
think I was forgetting my own "bullhead" story when I doubted him for a
second. . . .

Godspeed,

Richard Ihle