Re: evolution

May 09, 1996 02:36 AM
by Eldon B. Tucker

Liesel:

>I've really been taught that mind & emotions go together. In this sense, I
>wonder what ESP is, which is supposed to be the next perception we're going
>to develop.

In a general sense I'd agree. Although our sense perceptions are less
in some respects than that of the animals. I think that there's only
so far that the senses can take us, and then the expanding consciousness
and awareness of life needs different directions to expand.

>You, for sure, have to be able to discern clearly with your mind what it is
>you're seeing, but then, intuition is supposed to have a part in it too.
>How do you suppose that figures?

One way of putting it is that intuition is "seeing" with the mind, and
the intellect is the process of making sense of that "image". Both are
important, as you say -- the stimulus or raw input for the mind and the
ability to comprehend and assimilate the new experiences.

-- Eldon