Re: sister/brotherhood as a fact

May 09, 1996 02:24 AM
by Eldon B. Tucker

Liesel:

>I agree with you. The fact that everyone is an individual with an individual
>contribution to give isn't very emphasized in my "forinstance". But it
>doesn't contradict it either. Each finger has a specialty, or they can act
>together. Just reminds me of something I've remembered over the years from a
>tape of a lecture Yves Marcel gave at Ojai. The Bretons believe that wisdom
>resides in the pinkie. "how do you know?" "My pinkie told me"

You're right of course. Although we're all interdependent, and cocreate the
world we live in, some have more wisdom to offer than others. Each has an
individual contribution to make, but in this case, the pinkie may have the
most important words of wisdom for us to listen to.

This reminds me of a great quote that you gave the list last year, during
another round of discussions with the psychics, where they were repeating
their claim that only they could understand what is going on. Your quote
said something to the effect:

A: How can you know it is true if you aren't me and haven't experienced it?
B: How can you know I'm not right if you're not me?

The quote said it much better, and I was unable to locate it in the archives.
Perhaps if you remember where you got it, you might repost it?

-- Eldon