Re: 7 Principles and Sheaths

May 08, 1996 05:59 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Eldon quoting G de P:
> ... The seven principles are not vehicles. They
> are not sheaths. To call the seven 'principles the
> seven 'elements' of man's constitution is just as
> good a manner of speaking. It depends upon the point
> of view whether we speak of seven 'principles' or
> seven 'elements.' The two are the same. ...

Thanks for the quote, Eldon, but I am not sure what you
mean by it.  No one on theos-l, that I know of, has ever
equated the principles with the vehicles.  I would equate
vehicle with body or sheath, however.  Kama, or
emotion, for example, is clearly not a body or vehicle.  Who
says otherwise?  When talking about "subtle bodies" I
agree with HPB that uphadi or vehicle is a better term
than body.  CWL does not equate principles with bodies
either, that I am aware of, but simply ignores the term
principles altogether.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI