Re: Schizophrenia and the Psychic

May 08, 1996 04:19 PM
by Drpsionic

Rich,
I'm trying very hard not to let myself get set off.  The problem with the
line of reasoning here is that it assumes that psychic work will induce
psychotic states when what the research in question is showing is that
certain psychotic states mimic or induce psychic functioning.
Now we have known that for a very long time.  After all, all psychic function
has an interface with the physical brain and the chemical imbalances that
often induce psychosis also affect those parts of the brain that deal with
that interface, so naturally there will be a relationship.
Add to that that it was not very long ago when if a person had a truly
spiritual experience he would have been thought crazy and lobotomized, you
can see the utter unreliability in using psychiatric practice as a guide for
anything in these matters other than putting people back together again when
something really blows.  Still, it's not the first time in my life someone
has said I was crazy.
Happy White Lotus Day.

Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
Heretic