Re: Krishnamurti defended

May 08, 1996 01:50 PM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Wed, 8 May 1996 Richtay@aol.com wrote:

> Doss writes,
>
> > Rich: In spite of all the historical events surrounding J Krishnamurti, I
> > have to speak from personal experience. My exposure to his speeches,
> > books and videos have helped me to better understand practical
> > application of Thosophical ideas in day to day life. So I am eternally
> > grateful for the benefit I have received. This happened after several
> > decades of exposure to Theosophy. It almost took two and half decades to
> > make the connection.
> >
> > I thought I should share with everyone.
> >
> >  .....doss
>
> Doss -- please don't misunderstand me.  I have learned a great deal from
> Krishnamurti, and his teachings make a great deal of sense to me.  To
> millions !  My point is that being chosen as the "World Teacher" by CWL, and
> then Krishnaji walking off, was a HEAVY blow to the TS, and nearly did poor
> Annie Besant in.  Actually, I don't think she lived too many years beyond
> that sad event.
>
> Krishna wasn't causing the problem, though, it was the mucky-mucks who had
> picked out 12 Apostles for him, formed a hige 5,000 member Star of the East
> organization, and had it all fall to pot when Krishnaji finally said, "You
> know what?  I don't want to be the Messiah and I'm leaving to Ojai and please
> don't follow me."  [Okay not those exact words, but you get my drift.]

	I just read a statement that JK made about the Star Members. The
members wore a star on their lapel and in one of his talks he stated that
having the star buttons is like carrying a check book with no bank account!

	I have been thinking about the whole affair of JK charting his
own direction. Here I would like to refer to a statement that KH makes in
one of his letters, when refering to the His Superiors that KH himself
could not fathom their thinking or something to that effect. If that be
the case and if the World Teacher was planning to come and Teach, how
could *any* one know how and what strategy He will be adopting. No one
but Himself perhaps knows the strategy. What AB and CWL tried to do was
to extrapolate from the past. Considering the fact world was shrinking
due to transportation and communication, I am not in the least surprised
that the old technique and strategy may not have been found by Him to be
totally ineffective. We little mortals cannot understand what His overall
plans are.

There is also a brief summary of the conversation that Ernest Wood had
with JK regarding what in JK's opinion is likely to be the role of TS. I
will try to post later when I have access to Wood's book.

So I compeletely agree with you 100%.