Re: White Lotus Day

May 08, 1996 12:20 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:35 AM 5/8/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>It is 00:30 hrs on May 8. Just remembered it is White Lotus Day. Let us
>remember HPB for all the sacrifices she made so that you and I and
>everyone else have access to all the Theosophical Literature we have
>today. I consider myself fortunate in having been exposed to Theosophy
>and also I had the previlege of being associated with a lodge at whose
>inauguration she was present - which is a very rare occurrence. Let us
>send our loving thoughts to her and every worker of Theosophy and hope
>next year may be a better year for the Humanity.
>
>	....doss
>

>Doss: So glad you remembered the Founder of this all. Without her there
would be no Theosophy. But it is also good to remember that today is the
anniversary not of her passing, but of her release from years and years of
pain and suffering. She stayed years longer than anyone else would have in
an attempt to finish her work. It proved impossible but her physical
suffering was intense and extended, and she went through it willingly. She
has long been free of it. But, while those who don't approve of the Third
Object will disapprove,I believe she's still with us in spirit, sticking her
"oar" in when she thinks it's needed

alexis d..