Re: Gangus defunctus

May 07, 1996 10:29 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 02:48 PM 5/7/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <2.2.32.19960507060929.006afc04@mail.slip.net>, alexis
>dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>>I will say, however, that it's hardly something for you to get
>>"miffed" at any of the five of us over, if you want to be "miffed' look to
>>Eldon.
>>
>>alexis d.
>
>Not miffed at all - just puzzled at being included (by anyone) in a
>"gang" without prior invitation to join.  Some of Eldon's posts are very
>long and repetitive.  Some I read with interest all the way through,
>some don't get beyond the first paragraph - maybe I deleted his remarks
>on this one way back!
>
>Alan :-)
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www.garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html

No problem Alan, as far as I'm concerned c'est fini...c'est tout finis! I,
for one, shan't mention it again. I have even suggested that chuck let it
die. If Eldon wants to continue gnawing old bones it's his perfect right,
but I, at least, won't encourage it by any response at all. I agree with
you, I read most of his messages for about one paragraph and then delete.
Others I read with interest all the way through, just as you do. But I think
that's the way to use these kinds of lists. I delete after one paragraph
when I see it's going to be a long discussion of theosophical terminology
too. I don't think there's anything to complain about when people read the
things that interest them and politely press the "out" button when they see
it doesn't. The last time people forced me to pay attention to things in
which I wasn't interested was during my military service when I had very
little choice. When I left military service I made three vows and I've kept
them all. One was never ever to get my head shaved again. Another was never
ever to sleep on the ground again. And the third was never to do anything I
didn't want to do again.

fondly

alexis d.