Krishnamurti defended

May 07, 1996 10:15 PM
by Richtay

Doss writes,

> Rich: In spite of all the historical events surrounding J Krishnamurti, I
> have to speak from personal experience. My exposure to his speeches,
> books and videos have helped me to better understand practical
> application of Thosophical ideas in day to day life. So I am eternally
> grateful for the benefit I have received. This happened after several
> decades of exposure to Theosophy. It almost took two and half decades to
> make the connection.
>
> I thought I should share with everyone.
>
>  .....doss

Doss -- please don't misunderstand me.  I have learned a great deal from
Krishnamurti, and his teachings make a great deal of sense to me.  To
millions !  My point is that being chosen as the "World Teacher" by CWL, and
then Krishnaji walking off, was a HEAVY blow to the TS, and nearly did poor
Annie Besant in.  Actually, I don't think she lived too many years beyond
that sad event.

Krishna wasn't causing the problem, though, it was the mucky-mucks who had
picked out 12 Apostles for him, formed a hige 5,000 member Star of the East
organization, and had it all fall to pot when Krishnaji finally said, "You
know what?  I don't want to be the Messiah and I'm leaving to Ojai and please
don't follow me."  [Okay not those exact words, but you get my drift.]

I suspect that Krishnamurti did FAR, FAR more good after he left the TS than
he would have been allowed to accomplish WITHIN it.  Hmmm.